Purchasing Greek Real Estate
As Greek Estate Attorneys, we able to:
Selling Greek Real Estate Property
- ensure flawless legal title to the buyer
- apply for acquisition permits, if the property is characterised as a "border area" in Greece
- undertake all relevant currency and taxation procedures
- confirm through impartial Greek appraisers the property's fair/true market value
- negotiate terms of sale
- draft and duly execute the Deed, also arranging for its proper registration with the competent Land Registries
As highly skilled practising Greek lawyers, we can:
Administration of Greek Real Estate Property
- intensively market the property through networks of real estate agents in Greece and key individuals.
- prepare and duly execute the deed at the client's pre-approved terms and price.
- undertake all tax and municipal Greek tax clearances.
- wire-transfer the sale proceeds to client's designated foreign or Greek bank account through our trustee
account—in one day as of their collection.
Development of Greek Real Estate
- Review of the client's titles to the property; determination if the title is 100% clear (fully probated and
registered; free of any liens, faults, encumbrances, claims etc.).
- Determination (with the assistance of certified professionals, civil Engineers, Bank appraisers etc.) of your
Greek property's marketing / leasing potential.
- Depending on your wishes, we can list your property for rent; enter into negotiations with potential tenants;
secure a solid lease agreement (which we can entirely prepare for you); monitor cash flow/income into a Greek
Bank account that we can set up for you (with the possibility of your remote access to same via the Bank's web
portal etc.); file rental income tax returns for you; wire transfer of the rental income to your designated
account of choice abroad etc. etc.
- Handling of litigation or disputes (if need be), e.g. incl. eviction of tenants; renegotiation of rental price;
renewal of lease agreements etc. etc.
- Tax-wise handling of your matter in the most efficient way (to minimise your eventual tax obligation)—after
all, over and above being certified Athens lawyers, we are experts in taxation law and have authored / co-authored
many publications on tax-related legal matters.
The best return of your Greek real estate (e.g. a plot, vacant or not) may sometimes lie in its development rather
than its sale. Accordingly, we can locate and enter into agreements with contractors and/or other professionals for the
building of your property to your wishes and specifications. Keep in mind the very convenient vehicle of "anti-parohi"
which practically results in your attaining one or more completed apartments in exchange of your plot to the
Litigation in Greece
In our over 100 years of combined relevant experience as Greek lawyers, we have practically encountered and
successfully handled all kinds of dispute or public domain litigation related to real Estate in Greece. Accordingly, we
represent our clients at court efficiently in regard to any judicial matter of their properties, be that as plaintiffs
All the above procedures for your Greek Property, may be accomplished through a limited Power of Attorney to a
specialised lawyer in Greece, like our Greek Law Firm.